Sunday, October 19, 2008

Sunday Evening

Abby had her 6 month check up this past week. She's growing and developing right on track. She's 27.3 inches tall and 18.6 pounds, which puts her right around the 85th percentile. I took her today for some 6 month photos....it took a little bit of work to get good smiles out of her, but we finally got some precious ones. I'll post them soon.

In other news, my grandmother has been ill for quite some time, and she's still in the hospital. If you are of a praying nature, she can use all the spare prayers you have. I'll spare everyone all the details, but she's having significant pain issues, persistent nausea and vomiting, and she's eating next to nothing. Because she's 87 years old, a feedings tube isn't a good option, but we all want her to be comfortable, and she says she isn't ready to die. So comfort (and an appetite!) for her, wisdom for the doctors, and peace for the family would all be appreciated!



And an extra special thanks to my sister, Tammy. When mom and dad (and therefore my nannies) left for Indiana this past week to be with Grandma, she competely rearranged her schedule so she could come take care of Abby. I can't express how thankful I am for her willingness to do that. Luckily, Dave and I had already scheduled vacation this week, so she's covered for now.



And, just for fun, we have rogue armadillo tearing up our yard! No one has actually seen said armadillo, but the grass is all torn up and pulled out, but there's no tunnels or holes like you would see with a mole. Just our yard an our next door neighbors. Apparently we have good grubs in our yard!! According to google, the only thing I can do is sprinkle hot pepper powder everywhere. Anybody else got any suggestions???


Here's a couple of latest pictures from this past week to leave you with a smile!





1 comment:

TJ said...

She's such a happy, sweet baby! I've told Michael, she MIGHT even be a "better" baby than he was and he was pretty fabulous! It was a joy to be able to spend so much time with her!