Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Target? Bullseye!

A humourous story....now.....24 hours later....from the safety of my home......

Abby and I went to Target last night. She was well secured in the basket seat, amusing herself while I shopped. I pulled up at the end of an aisle that just so happened to have a big 5-6 foot pyramid of diced tomato cans at the end of aisle. Abby reached out and pulled the "as advertised" sticker, which in turn pulled the keystone can holding up the pyramid. The top 3 feet of cans went rolling all over the aisle, maybe 200 cans in all?? And of course it's right after work, so Target was busy. I quickly assessed the situation and decided to make a run for it; however a gimpy basket and 200 small roadblocks made a quick escape impossible. So what did I do? I suffered through our first big public embarrassment.


Still not as bad as my nephew pulling the fire alarm at the OBs office when he was three and causing a lockdown. But Abby's starting early, so I'm a little afraid.


Lucky for her she's cute.


2 comments:

Jon & Ashley McP said...

that is what happens when two smart people marry - their kids know way to much physics at an early age. You know she planned that:)

TJ said...

I hope you saved the tag she yanked for her memory box! Date it & turn it over to her when she has kids. And you're right - Michael's may have been worse (by comparison) but she has started much earlier so it makes you wonder what may still be in store for you! YOU were still pulling crap on Mom & Dad (hardware store incident) WELL into your early teens. Ooooo...and actually past even that. Into your twenties - ketchup on the arm in Tennessee ( believe. Just sayin'.