Wednesday, March 25, 2009

California Dreamin'

As many of you know, I took a trip to Redondo Beach, California, last week for Chief Camp. Three others from our program went with me, and we had a great time. The weather was perfect, the beach was beautiful (although the water was COLD!), and on St. Patty's Day, the beer was green. Although it was hard to be away from Abby and Dave for that long, they survived just fine without me, and it made our reunion that much sweeter. Here's a few pictures from our trip.
From the pier across from our hotel:






The beach just down from our hotel. Not the white sands of Florida, but it'll do.




The view from my hotel room:



The next ones are from our cheesy LA tour that we all took. We figure we might not ever make it the west coast again, so we might as well see the sights.
My friends Elisa and Lisa, on the tour bus with the crazy drunk driver:









At the Chinese Theater:












At the mall/ theater where the Oscars are held:


Universal City at Universal Studios:

I was SOOOO excited by this store:

I actually did learn some things about myself, group dynamics, and managing groups at the conference too. Maybe something will come in handy next year!!

1 comment:

Jon & Ashley McP said...

which were you excited to see sock market or art?