Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Full term

This is what full term looks like. Never been here before-- it's kind of exciting! And, as usual, this is about week old-- I'm 38 weeks today, which is 2 weeks farther than I made it with Abby!!!
(And yes...I'm wearing a Sooners shirt....this is from game day Saturday!) I'm ready for Miss Olivia to be here! I went to the OB Monday, and my blood pressure continues to slowly creep up, although we're not at red alert level yet. I'm having 2 NSTs (non stress tests...they basically hook me to monitor and watch her heartrate for 2o minutes) this week. Assuming all looks good, and I don't go into labor before then, we've set an induction date for Monday!! So, if she listens, unlike her big sister, her birthday will be September 20th!
However, today has been miserable. I woke up throwing up about 2am and have continued to do so most of the day. Thank goodness for moms-- mine brought me potato soup (which I eventually kept down), cleaned my house, did some laundry since my washer is broken, took my car and cleaned it (which I had planned on doing today), AND kept Abby most of the afternoon so I could rest (and throw up WITHOUT Abby offering brillant commentary, such as "momma go bleh!" and "momma yucky!"). Things are looking better now though, so hopefully tomorrow will be a better day. At least the washing machine is fixed. $200 for one part and 10 minutes of work-- I might be in the wrong business.

No comments: