Monday, December 19, 2011

Surgery #2

Olivia had her second surgery on Dec. 8th.  She had a second, larger set of ear tubes placed, and we had planned to have her adenoids out as well.  Luckily, once Dr. Digoy looked she had "nubbins" for adenoids    so she got to keep them! 


 She explored her crib and room a lot more this time.  I did get to stay with her until she was asleep in the OR, which is different than last time.  She started making this horrible noise when the gas put her to sleep, which luckily the anesthesiologist had warned me about.  But it was still hard to hear.  Hopefully this will be the last surgery we have to go through!!
She was quite funny when her valium took effect though-- I have a video on my iphone I'll try to upload.  Reminds me of the youtube video where the kid is stoned after a dental procedure.  But, she's recovered nicely.  Follow up appointment in January to retest her hearing and see Dr. Digoy again.  Will keep you posted.

No comments: