Sunday, February 12, 2012

Updates

Ok, I've obviously become a horrible blogger.  But I'm not sure anyone reads this anymore since facebook exists now, so maybe it doesn't matter??  But I guess facebook can't tell you everything either. 

January went by pretty quickly.  I discovered pinterest and spent some time on there.  More than anything it actually inspired me to start doing some of the fix-up stuff around our house I haven't done in the past year.  So, I changed all of our doorknobs out.  Some of them I spray painted and some of them I just changed out.  Easier than I would have thought.  Will see how the spray painted ones hold up, but they look good so far!

We also ordered a tornado shelter, and it'll be put in the garage on Tuesday.  Dave's happy.  We went with the bigger one so that the entire neighborhood can come join us.  Seriously,, ,you can put a queen sized mattress in this thing.  Dave thinks it's going to become his mancave.  I can just him running an extension cord down in there now.....


Abby started taking dance class in January.  It's a combination of ballet, tap, and modern.  She LOVES it.  We never have to cajole her into going, and she seems to have a great time.  Dancing has definitely become one of her favorite things to do.  She's always asking us to put on music and "dance with me, Prince!"

Livi has learned to navigate the stairs up and down, and she now has 2 molars.  We had our first ER trip last weekend because I was worried about her breathing.  She was diagnosed with pneumonia but seems to have recovered quite nicely.  New words include bye bye, no, mama, dada, papa, oh no. 

Dave and I spent last week in New Orleans at a medical conference.  It was fun, the food was good, and I can't even imagine being there at Mardi Gras.