Wednesday, April 1, 2009

To My Dearest Abby,

I can't believe you're a year old today. I can't believe that two years ago, you were just a thought your daddy and I had, and one year ago that thought, that dream, became a reality. My life changed forever on April 2, 2008. And although this has been the most challenging year of my life, I have loved being your mother. My happiest memories of this past year revolve around you....cheering you on as you tried SO hard to roll over and the shock in your eyes when you finally did it.....the first time you laughed....watching you nap on the beach.....your attempts to eat your giraffe tail at Halloween....your excitement at FINALLY figuring out how to do a hi five......


Did I mention that I love being your mother?!?


Did I mention that I can't imagine life without you?!?



I am so thankful you're here. And I can't wait to see what moments stick out most this time next year. I love you, my dearest Abby. My one year old, beautiful, smart, inquisitive, smiling, fabulous Abby.

No comments: