Sunday, November 15, 2009

Sunday Night

A mostly "adult" post....
Dave worked most of the weekend because it's his weekend to cover the clinic's patients who are admitted to the hospital, so we didn't see a whole lot of each other. We've hung out a bit tonight and are trying to have some family time and watch Sunday Night Footbal (go Colts!). However, Abby's currently in the midst of a drama queen meltdown-- she didn't eat many carrots at dinner and threw her plate on the floor, so she got a time out and now can't have any of Daddy's ice cream. I'll spare you the picture. It's a rough life for a toddler.
Even though Dave worked most of the weekend, Abby and I were productive. I finished staining our family name sign and might even get it hung up before bed tonight-- I'll post a picture if I do. I painted over all the dings, scratchings, and crayon marks on our walls-- even the big red area by the head of our bed that our red flannel sheets decided to share will the wall. Got my oil changed. Made a fake flower arrangement for mom to match their new furniture.
And perhaps the biggest project of all, I'm in the midst of replacing a few segments of baseboard that the cats peed on after we brought Abby home. I got the boards pulled off the wall today (with only minor drywall damage- go me!), matched at Lowe's, and now I just need to paint them. Dad's going to come help me cut and replace them in a couple of days....yeah!!
You might think we were thinking about buying a new house or something.......
I've got some ideas for our kitchen cabinets too, but that might have to wait until after the new year. Or Christmas vacation....
Abby and I went to Dave's office last week to check things out and meet his office staff. He's got 3 lovely ladies who work with him, and Abby was putty in their hands after she was gifted with a lollipop.
Outside his waiting room.....

His office....a work in progress. Notice Abby's sippy cup on the desk. The diplomas are all at Hobby Lobby being framed now, so at least the wall will have something on it soon. I can't help the mess.

And the sign outside the building showing Dave and his partners.

As for me, interview season for residency applicants has started, so I'm up to my eyeballs in applications and interview days. And working on finding a job for next year. I'm making progress on the job deal, so hopefully I'll have some news relatively soon!

And, just in case you were wondering, Dave gave in and she's currently enjoying a spoonful of ice cream! Who's the REAL softy???

1 comment:

TJ said...

Dave's such a soft touch! Then again.....it's hard to resist THAT face of hers. Dave looks so grown up......brought a tear to my eye! LOL
Steph, you've been a busy girl - very proud of your home fixing skills.....knew we were related.