Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Sisterly Love

Abby has done amazing with Livi. She comes up to her at least 2-3 times per day and tells her how beautiful she is. She makes sure to bless her when she coughs or sneezes. She wants to be nearby when she gets her diaper changed or takes a bath.
And yes, sometimes she licks her. In case you were wondering, "she tastes good."
Making sure she sounds okay, Abby style

Welcoming her home


Sister "nap" on the couch with matching binkies


Checking out her mouth- Abby's inspected all her parts

Overall, it's been a great 3 weeks. I struggled the first week or so with balancing the needs of both my girls. Actually, I still struggle with it, and probably always will, but it was a rough beginning, compounded by hormones. However, instead of now feeling like I ruined Abby's life because I brought Livi home, I realize (I hope) that I've given her a best friend for life. Someone to tell her late night secrets to, share about her first crush and first kiss, a maid of honor for her wedding. A pair who can take care of each other when Dave and I are gone. And I know they're going to fight and get into each other's stuff and NOT like each other sometimes, but when all that falls away, what I'm hoping is for a lifetime of deep friendship and love. And so far, they're off to a great start.

No comments: