Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Baby Girl

It's been a while since I wrote...2 weeks, in fact. Which is exactly the same amount of time I've been attending on wards, taking care of sick kids admitted to the hospital. It's officially summer since we had 2 kids with snake bites admitted to us!!
But now I'm on glorious, glorious vacation for a week. Which means I got up at 7am with Abby, did 8 loads of laundry, exchanged the propane tanks for the grill, picked up dry cleaning, went to the grocery store, and cooked dinner. And, just for me, I did squeeze in a mani/pedi and am now proudly wearing a pretty shade of hot pink called "Dancing in the Tulips". I think people who get to name nailpolish colors have a cool job. Maybe in my next life.....
I realized I never did post pictures of baby girl #2. She's been moving more and more lately, but not strong enough for Dave to feel yet (or to keep me up at night). We might have a name for her....I like it, Dave hasn't vetoed it. Which is a major improvement!
Abby is starting to sort of get it......if you ask her where her baby sister is, she pulls up her shirt and points to her tummy (it's really, really cute!). Sometimes the baby lives in her tummy, sometimes mommy's, sometimes daddy's. She occassionally wants to kiss her goodnight. So at least she's starting to realize that this is happening. And she did let me hold my friend Laura's baby yesterday without throwing a fit to be held too. All in all, progress! And in more fun news, one of my very good friends is also pregnant and due just a few weeks after me, which makes this even more exciting too.
That's all for now.......

1 comment:

TJ said...

Really thought it would be a boy but another baby girl is just fine too!