Wednesday, June 29, 2011

In which I write....

No pictures in this one, just some words. I can't believe it's almost July already. My first academic year as an attending behind me, and another one ahead with new residents. There's an excitement about July, the nervous energy of new docs wanting to do their best. And there's a nervousness on my part about being the bottom line on a list of new docs!


I have a new position: Inpatient Medical Director. Really, it's the Inpatient Medical Director of Children's Hospital at OU Medical Center. Sounds fancy, doesn't it? I'm still learning what it means. So far, it means a lot of meetings.


A family friend died 2 days ago after a motorcycle accident. He leaves behind a stay at home wife and 3 kids under 4. My heart is broken for his family, and I feel helpless to do anything of any significance for them. He was able to done his liver and kidneys, so 3 people will hopefully have new life because of him. Please keep them in your prayers, and think about being an organ donor if you aren't already!


We finally sold our old house...yeah! We close on it next Friday. I spent today turning off utilities and canceling HO insurance, etc. I'm excited to not be making 2 house payments anymore, although there's a bittersweetness to selling our first house where we brought home 2 babies.


We have a cute little brown bunny that likes to live on our backyard. I like him even though I can't get close to him.

No comments: