Saturday, June 11, 2011

Myrtle

This is Myrtle. She's a turtle. A baby turtle, to be exact. She showed up on our driveway one morning a couple of weeks ago, and Abby was concerned I was going to squish her. I was not, but agreed to let her hang out with us for a day.

All hands were thoroughly washed after this pet experience. I did let Myrtle come inside for a bit during the afternoon because it was pretty hot outside. The cat was not pleased and definitely tried to make her an appetizer.


She is kind of a cute little thing. For a turtle, anyway, who aren't very cute by nature.


So we kept her for a day, and then sent her on her way back to the neighborhood pond.


As Abby says, she needed to go back to her mommy and poppy. Not sure how she knows the word Poppy, but that's for another day.


The next morning I saw a BIG turtle on the sidewalk when I was leaving the neighborhood. I did not, however, point that one out to her. It might have eaten our cat.

No comments: