Sunday, April 4, 2010

Happy 2nd birthday!!

My little girl turned 2 on Friday! I can't believe it... where did the time go???
This afternoon after coming home from Meme and Papa's, she needed a nap, and I just sat beside her crib and watched her sleep. She amazes me more and more each day-- I really can't imagine my life without her. I think she teaches me way more than I teach her.
So to celebrate this momentous occasion, we had a party!
We went with a Spongebob theme, since that seems to be her favorite cartoon.

She spend the morning playing in her birthday swing...I LOVE this picture. It's a little blurry, but it's pure 2 year old bliss!

Party time! Most of the party pictures were just pure chaos. But here's a couple...kid chaos at present opening time. We asked for no presents. No one listened.


Talking on her new phone
Surrounded by all the gifts

And her favorite gift of all, from Aunt Tammy and Uncle Jason

I think she'll love this tricycle from Meme and Papa--she's just got to grow a little to reach the peddles!


By the end of the party, she'd had enough stimulation, and it was meltdown time.


But she quickly recovered in time to eat some cake.


And she ended the day just the way she started...in the swing!

1 comment:

Liz Seymour said...

I'm sure Daddy enjoyed those Sponge Bob toys as much as the birthday girl. I love the melt down pic, only to be better after cake--oh, the joys of pure sugar! It's breathtaking to reflect how our own children shape our lives as we watch them grow up. She's beautiful.