Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Big Girl Bed

The other big transition we've done in last 48 hours (see below post for other stuff) is to move Abby out of her crib and into a big girl bed! We've decided that the girls will share a room, at least while we're in this house, so we had to do some rearranging and transitioning. There's still some work to do, but this is how things stand now!
She got to pick the sheets out herself- Abby calls it her "spongebob bed." I was hoping to be able to put one side against a wall, but that didn't work out, so I need to buy another bedrail. Or not- she's slept in the bed twice and hasn't fallen out, so maybe she has more grace and skill than her mother!
A full room view:
The shelves over the crib came down today (thanks, Dad!) since I don't want anything big hanging over baby girl. I was going to try to move them to the other side, but Dad couldn't find the studs like he wanted, so we saved that for another day. I plan to put baby girl's name abover her crib soon.
This was Abby's first night in her bed, after she fell asleep. I sat with her for a while, worried about the transition. After 45 mintues of talking and NOT sleeping, I finally left the room. And when I checked on her 5 minutes later, she was sound asleep!
This is how I found her the next morning:
Last night was her second night, and that went pretty well too. I'll post more pictures when I finally get the room all together. One of mom's friends is making a new bedskirt for the crib, and I'll change around some of the decorations. I've ordered a cute polka dot bedspread for Abby that should be in tomorrow. I'm so proud of that kid!!

No comments: