Sunday, July 11, 2010

Farmer Girl

I'm going to be a farmer in my next life. Or a nail polish name maker. But for now, since my backyard growing seems to be going abdundantly well, I'll be a farmer.
These have always done well- better than even in Mom's yard, where they originally came from. But this year has been an exceptional year!
We planted one tomoto plant this year, and I think it's on steroids. This is ONE plant. To be fair, it hasn't produced a ton of tomatos yet, but we've gotten 2 good ones so far.


Dave planted 4 strawberry plants this year, and they're actually producing. Abby loves to pick these.


And finally, the thing that has grown the most is our BASIL! These started as 2 tiny plants, but they've quickly taken over the entire flower bed. I like pesto, but this stuff is growing so well we can't even give it away fast enough! Let me know if you'd like some........

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

sign me up for some of that basil. I have a fab pesto recipe and I think my tomato plant has killed the basil!!! (and fyi - i learned that if you will go and pick off all the flowers, the basil will produce for longer and will be sweeter)!!! MAL